2017 Beauty Favorites and Fedoras

9:42 PM

I'll be the first to admit that I suck at committing to passion projects. I am very much infatuated with my 9-5 job in hospitality and as personally fulfilling as it is, it could get very draining. Sometimes your girl just wants to nap and have it turn into a solid 10 hour sleep. But since I'm all about constantly challenging myself and powering through my innate weaknesses (my previous beauty faves posts were labeled as a monthly thing but only did 2 in a span of 2 years) - I'm trying to learn from past mistakes and anticipating further shortcomings by presenting to you:


My 2017 Beauty Favorites

SKINCARE



CosRx AHA/BHA Toner
I spent new years in Korea for 2017 and I dipped my toes on a few kpop cult faves. It brands itself as an exfoliating toner that aides in preventing and diminishing whiteheads and blackheads and blemishes. Personally, aside from using this as my everyday facial toner, I liked spraying this over areas on my on my body that has rashes/redness - it would help them immediately calm down overnight. One bottle lasted me around 9 Months.

CosRx Pimple Patch
This product is such a hassle to get since it is almost always sold out in every kbeauty online shops here in Manila. I would put this over new breakouts at night and wake-up with a minimized bump, and if i get really lucky, the pus (ew. i know.) comes out along with the sticker. This stuff works drastically as the bump just goes away and doesn't leave me dealing with post acne scars. Im currently on the watch out for beautymnl or shop-pibu to replenish their stocks so I could buy a lot and store them in my old sticker book from 2nd grade, you guys still remember those things?
Pro-Tip: I usually only get tiny bumps and breakouts - so I cut the bigger ones into two to maximize the product. (One thing you should also really know about me is that I'm Ilocano from both sides of my parents, which translates to very kuripot)

Etude House Pink Powder Spot
Before hopping on the CosRx Pimple Patch bandwagon, I was in love with this Mario Badescu dupe. I could see the results after a few nights of use depending on how pesky the blemish is. While this product hastened the whole healing process of my acne which left me dealing with acne scars - the CosRx pimple patch just simply got rid of the pimple. I loved it, but I probably wont buy it again because of my newfound love for the pimple patches.

Coconut Oil
Beauty fave since 2013 - I don't think I have to go into details how bomb this product is. Put it on your hair, your legs, your toes, your face, your groins to prevent chafing (i have huge thighs ok!), get a bottle of coconut oil stat and LOVE. YOUR. SELF.

Vit C20
"What foundation are you wearing?"
"Oh no. Im gonna sound so annoying but Im not wearing anything"
This was literally a conversation that happened more than once a few days after I included Vitamin C in my routine. The first time I put it on, I got a little scared as I experienced stinging and tingling - i powered through by telling myself that it's just working its magic on my sad and dull skin. I learned to later on mix it with my moisturizer to help with the tackiness of the product.
Pro-Tip: Do not use this product sparingly - once it starts oxidizing and turning into a darker color it's best to not use it as it could cause damage to the skin. I'm halfway through my bottle a little over a month and I started using it on my elbows & knees to refrain from wasting product.

Aztec Clay Mask with Apple Cider Vinegar or Honey
There is a reason why this shit is always on wait list everywhere. Get on it, just trust me on this one.


MAKEUP



3CE Lip Liquid
These 3CE lip liquids were my go-to's during nights out or when I just wanted to look like I cared a little bit more than I usually do. This shit gets me compliments from left to right. The formula for this matte liquid lipstick is magical as it doesn't dry my lips out even if I didn't put any moisturizer before applying it.

OTHERS




Soap and Glory Body Butter
During a Nov 2016 trip to Bangkok, I picked myself up a huge tub of this body butter. With my PhP, this was a bit of a splurge and righteously so, this smells of a sexy young adult in her mid-20s who has her life together and owns a pair of Chanel ballet flats that wasn't gifted by a rich family member and was actually bought with her own money (AKA: OMG GOALSZ!). I would really only use it during nights out or when I know someone was getting close enough to smell my limbs - needless to say, I still have have about 3/4 of that tub and were already 2 months in 2018.
(TLDR: This makes me smell really fancy and have my shit together. Also, I really don't get much action)

Maison Martin Margiela: Beach Walk
"OMG. IT'S YOU!!!" - My Cousin

Elizabeth and James: Nirvana White
"T*ngin* ah, wag mo tong ubusin pag wala ako sa bahay" - Me, to my Sister when she first got a whiff of this. I only got a small Rollerball as a pasalubong from my dad.

Louis Vuitton: Rose Des Vents
"You smell really good" - A random dude from Black Market last Halloween who then proceeded to talk about how pretty I am "for a Filipina"- Don't worry, I schooled him on providing problematic compliments as articulate as I could at  whie I was 4 drinks in and was sipping on a vodka redbull so I could finish strong for that night.
"*kisses me on the neck*" - A random dude from Black Market last Halloween who left the girl he was with so we could follow each other on Instagram. We never talked after that. It's fine, he was wearing a fedora.


Damn, this post was on draft since November 2017 and I only finished this now. How do we feel about the graphics? I personally feel "meh" about it but at least I tried - right? RIGHT? riighhhtt?


You Might Also Like

0 comments