Taipei 2017

1:31 AM

At the beginning of 2017 (aka after I maxed out my credit card in Singapore and took me 3 exhilarating months to pay out), I made a pact with myself to chill out on impulse travelling. I did fairly well throughout the next 4 months until a Cebu Pacific Seat Sale came about and was woken up with messages at 2AM regarding a PhP 2,000 roundtrip flight to Taipei.

As someone who usually copes through escapism (have you read my profile? youz a dealin' with a hardcore pisces here) and just really enjoys eating her way through new cities, and with Taipei being notorious for its food market culture and bubble teas and cool hostels and that jiufen place seems cool and god damn its been 4 months since i've been on a plane and I was just itching to leave.. you get where i'm going here. I caved in and booked. that. flight.



I honestly did not expect to like Taipei as much as I did. I definitely see myself coming back with my cousins and taking a bigger bite of the city. There was still so much to eat and see that I wasn't able to indulge in because of the limited time.

The following week after this trip, I went on a 42 hour trip to Kuala Lumpur to hang out with a friend and meet new ones. The travel bug bite has its full effect on me as an Aussie trip is also slowly approaching and I'm also looking at options on how to spend my 25th birthday early next year.

xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments