Singapore 2017: Laneway Festival, Adler Hostel

12:13 AM


I am no stranger to one of the most expensive cities in Asia - Singapore (Or as I would like to call it, Singapoore - because I always go way overboard my budget, even if the trip is less than 72 hours). One of my closest friends I met through my first job out of college moved to SG a few years ago, and I have made it a point to come see her and visit at least once a year even for just a weekend.


This year was nothing short of special as I scheduled my flight during the Laneway Festival Weekend. I was extremely ecstatic as I booked my Cebu Pacific flight with the love of my life (Circa December 2016), Chet Faker playing the background. His name as the headlining act fueled my hands to grab my wallet, click a few links and book a flight RIGHT. AWAY.

ADLER HOSTEL



I arrived in Singapore from a red eye flight and headed straight to Adler Hostel, excited to find out how luxurious a Hostel could really be. I am low maintenance traveler - give me a decent bed, a clean shower, decent wifi and great service on a good location and you will hear no complaints from me. All of those things were provided by Adler and more as the decor was just totally right up my alley and they provided free breakfast as well. The property is also just walking distance from Ann Siang Hill, Maxwell Hawker Center and Chinatown. Considering that Singapore is a relatively small city, all spots we're at SGD7-10 through the Grab app anyways too.

LANEWAY FESTIVAL



Now, I've never really been a fan of Music Festivals- although the value of money is great and you get to discover new music, I am always left underwhelmed when the artist that I have been waiting for only has a short set (that's what I felt happened with Chet Faker/Nick Murphy), add in the fact that it rained almost the whole day, my bag broke and the drinks were all above SGD12-15. Will i go back to next year's Laneway? meh, probably not. My friends and I are actually aiming for Clockenflap in HK next.



At the end of the evening, we were all just pretty exhausted and disgusted with ourselves and decided to just take a rest. I ended the night with a hot shower, a beer and lounging in my pajamas with my hair still wet at the Adler Hostel lobby while catching up with work emails.

It was a pretty good day.


My last few hours in Singapore were spent keeping my friend sane as she was going through a surreal day. We bumped into the boy she just broke up with in the morning, the same afternoon while walking around Orchard Road. It was like a scene out of a movie and we were just dumbfounded until the evening. Needless to say, I could not have thought of a better way to end the trip than with this spread of food while literally giving each other a pep talk to make each other feel better.

Nevermind that I paid PhP2,000 for my 20 min ride to the airport. (see? SingaPOORe)



1 Week from now, I will be flying to Taipei (somewhere i've never been before which im so excited about!!!) and have been so inspired to be a lot more creative in documenting my trips abroad.

You Might Also Like

0 comments