May Favorites 2015

8:35 AM


Left to Right (Clockwise): Bed Head - Totally Baked, Essence Lipstick in Barely There!, Aesop Parsley Seed Moisturiser, Happy Skin's Dont Get Mad Get Even powder refill, Urban Decay's Naked Flushed in Naked, Claudalie Beauty Elixir, Moschino Funny! Perfume.

Hi! You know what i think is so funny? the fact that i made a similar post last year with hopes that monthly favorites would actually be.. a.. monthly.. thing. Instead of dwelling on my inconsistencies and short attention span, let's get on with last month's favorites, shall we?

Bed Head - Totally Baked: I usually put a whole pump on my damp hair before i let it dry. I am in love with this product since it gives my hair texture and DD2 vibes (Dirty Day 2 - yes, i just made that up) which is perfect for styling and just giving me that IDGAF look that i always enjoy donning. + my head smells like an overly sweet desert which never hurt anyone.. (unless there is such a thing as being diabetic from smells? idk, is that a thing, internet?)

Essence Lipstick in Barely There!: I have always been a fan of mauve-ey toned lipstick and this one from essence is dirt cheap I couldn't walk away from it. The lasting power is not that impressive but a good lipliner could combat this, I wouldn't recommend pairing it with essence lipliners as those things are too buttery and smooth to stay on your smackers as well.. i would say NYX lipliners would do just the trick!

Aesop Parsley Seed Moisturiser: I got this from my Hong Kong trip last April.. not gonna lie.. mostly for its packaging. It's been a good daily moisturiser - I don't really have much to say except for: it does the job and i appreciate that the smell doesn't linger. (i am great at this beauty blogging thing, no?)

Happy Skin's Dont Get Mad Get Even powder refill: Okay, lets just get the fact out of the way that i am a cheapskate which is why i only bought the refill instead of the whole thing!!! For powders/concealers/foundations, i am subconsciously drawn to higher-end products - but i do not regret giving this foundation a try. I've been using it to set my concealer almost every morning and it matches my skin tone really well. 

Urban Decay's Naked Flushed in Naked: As a pasalubong from my mom, i asked for this little baby. As a really lazy young adult that is required to wear a substantial amount of make-up every day, this thing is my savior. I love it not only for its quality but for its ability to shrink my make-up bag's size into a miraculous amount (obviously exaggerating!!) since it is a three in one product.

Claudalie Beauty Elixir: This is my second bottle. I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE THE SMELL, fyi. I remember being inlove with this product during the first month when i was still on my first bottle, i immediately saw results - my skin felt softer and a lot more radiant. But being on my second bottle and almost being in a whole year of relationship with it, i find it just doesnt work quite as good on me. Im definitely on the look out for a new toner when i finish this baby up.

Moschino Funny! Perfume: Second bottle ALERT! This brings me back to when i was sixteen and skinny and had a lot going for me.. which is... quite the opposite these days. HA. Existential crises aside, You know how when people say every perfume works differently on everyone because everyone produces different amounts of the different chemicals in our body - hence... uhm.. wait.. i forgot what i was trying to say.. but basically.. what im trying to point out.. is that.. this perfume smells A WHOLE LOT better on me after a few hours, mixed with a little bit of my sweat.. is that gross? i think it kind of makes sense of the whole chemicals thing i was starting to point out earlier .. okay. whatever. A friend told me its very reminiscent of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea. there you go.

I haven't written in so long, guys. 

xo
ACJ




You Might Also Like

0 comments